You’re invited to celebrate history this Wednesday! All of Kansas City will celebrate the Chiefs first Super Bowl win in 50 years with a parade on Wednesday February 5 beginning at 11:30 am. The route won’t be announced until Tuesday morning but the victory rally stage will be in front of Union Station. No bags or backpacks will be permitted.
For the most updated information on transit, public safety, and other news related to the Chiefs Kingdom Champions Parade, please sign up to receive notifications from ALERTKC by texting “CHIEFSPARADE” to 888-777.
For parade maps and complete information, including park and ride locations and closed streets, please visit www.chiefsparade.com
- Watch the parade anywhere along the route. Barricades will line the entire route along the curb. Pedestrian crossings are marked on the map, but they will be closed while the parade is in progress.
- Watch the victory rally in front of Union Station from the south parking lot, Pershing Road (which will be closed) or the lawn of the National World War I Museum and Memorial.
- Arrive early to find a spot. This will be a family-friendly event, and fans are reminded that public consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Remember it’s best to travel light and to not bring bags or backpacks.
- Medical Stations and Lost Child Locations are noted on the parade maps.
- Children’s contact info – Ensure that your children have contact information for their parents or guardians on their person.
- Make a plan in case you are separated from your family, including identifying meet up points.
- Cell phone reception will be extremely limited.
- Union Station will be closed to the public.
- Don’t bring drones. Federal law prohibits the use of drones over parade crowds.
- Officially licensed merchandise will be available at the following locations:
– Power & Light District at 13th & Walnut
– Big Brothers Big Sisters at 17th & Walnut
– Kadean Construction at McGee between 18th & 19th
– River Market at 5th & Walnut
Transportation and Parking:
KCATA will offer free bus rides, however, bus service will be limited (similar to Sunday service). Please visit www.ridekc.org for more information.
We encourage people to use Park and Ride locations:
47th and State Metrocenter
4601 State Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102
Dropoff: 31st & Gillham
Worlds of Fun
4545 Worlds of Fun Ave, Kansas City, MO 64161
Dropoff: Truman Road & Lydia
HyVee Arena / West Bottoms
1800 Genessee St, Kansas City, MO 64102
Dropoff: 18th & Troost
6800 Zoo Dr, Kansas City, MO 64132
Dropoff: 31st & Main
Oak Park Mall
11149 W 95th St, Overland Park, KS 66214
(95th and Neiman Road Park & Ride location)
Dropoff: 25th & Southwest Boulevard
Park and Ride shuttles will run from 7 a.m.-11:30 a.m., and then again from the end of the rally until the crowd disperses.
Spectators are advised to carpool and use public transportation. Parking will be extremely limited near the parade and rally.
Kansas City Streetcar will suspend operation beginning at midnight prior to the parade and will reopen as soon as conditions allow.
- Grand Boulevard from the Missouri River to Pershing Road, starting Tuesday at 2 p.m.
- All east-west streets between Walnut and McGee from the Missouri River to Pershing Road, starting Tuesday 2 p.m. Some vehicle crossings will remain open until Wednesday 5 a.m.
- Main Street from 20th Street to Pershing Road will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians.
- Main Street from Pershing Road to 31st Street will be closed to vehicles, but open to pedestrians.
- Kessler Road from Pershing to the west side of the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
Parade producers have designated space in front of a video screen on the southeast corner of the National WWI Museum and Memorial grounds for wheelchairs and ADA accessibility. Please be advised that space is limited and is first come, first served.
Be prepared for typical February weather with the possibility of light snow and cold temperatures. We suggest wearing boots and your warmest clothes, since spectators will be outside for several hours.