Who am I to talk about asthma and allergies? I haven’t personally suffered from them and neither has a family member. I haven’t personally been hit with the devastating feeling of my child not being able to breathe when he is playing soccer or just playing outside with friends. I haven’t experienced a child who has life threatening allergies and isn’t able to eat school lunches, birthday party treats or be a part of kid activities. Who am I to say I know, deep in my heart, that chiropractic can help. I’m not a mom who has tried everything just to make ends meet (in terms of time and money) but is constantly sick with sinus and head issues. I’m not that mom who not only is struggling to make ends meet, but is taking endless care of her kids, yet not sleeping well, not thinking well and surely not putting herself first.
But who am I to say that I have an answer? An answer that may give hope to families struggling with what I have described above. I haven’t experienced chronic childhood issues myself or with my kids, but I have seen hundreds and helped their bodies to heal through chiropractic adjustments.
I think we all know the symptoms of these chronic issues in kids, yet many aren’t sure what is really going on. We are trained to treat the symptom so that it goes away instead of finding the cause.
The 3 main issues with asthma and allergies are:
- Imbalanced Immune System
- Poor Breathing Mechanics
- Poor Sinus Drainage
Here are a few stats that give me a reason to wake up every morning to help as many people as humanly possible:
- Asthma is the MOST COMMON chronic disease in kids (and is rising)
- Asthma costs us $18 BILLION, mostly out of pocket
- Every day, 36,000 kids miss school from asthma
- Allergies are the 3rd most common chronic disease in kids (and is rising)
- 1 out of 5 Americans suffer from allergies
- Allergies cost us $14.5 BILLION, mostly out of pocket
Or how about these?
- Tylenol just once a month raises a child’s asthma risk by 540%
- Higher rate of asthma in C-sections (because lungs aren’t suctioned out)
- The average child in the US is on 4 medications per day
I want to REVERSE these stats. I want to talk with every mom about the health of their child and offer hope that their future could be different. The definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”. If you’ve been evaluated, scanned, diagnosed, treated and you’re not satisfied with the results, find a pediatric chiropractor. If you’re not local, I will find you a trained pediatric chiropractor.